Reading is good . Pictures, Images and Photos

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Review: The Everafter by Amy Huntley


The Everafter

By Amy Huntley
Published: September 2009
Pages: 256
Provided By: Publisher- Balzer + Bray of HarperCollins
Characters: 10/20
Plot: 15/20
Cover: 20/20
End: 15/20
Writing: 10/20
Overall: 70/100
Song Cry: “Love and Some Versus” by Iron and Wine and “So Small” by Carrie Underwood



Synopsis
Madison Stanton doesn't know where she is or how she got there. But she does know this - she is dead. And alone in a vast, dark space. The only company Maddy has in this place are luminescent objects that turn out to be all the things she lost while she was alive. And soon she discovers that, with these artifacts, she can reexperience - and even change - moments from her life.
Her first kiss.
A trip to Disney World.
Her sister's wedding.
A disastrous sleepover.
In reliving these moments, Maddy learns illuminating and frightening truths about her life - and death.

Review
I love books about the after life and that explore the theories of where you go after you die. The Everafter definitely delivered the same thought provoking circumstances and interesting topics that come with these great novels! It consisted of “diary entry” like chapters where the main character Madison looks back on her life using things she lost while she was alive. I never encountered such a concept when dealing with death but it was a really, awesomely interesting way to go. It really got the gears turning in my head and had me thinking about all the things I lost over the span of my life.

This whole book was one big mystery. You never knew what was happening or how Maddy got there. I liked the unknown element of it and it surprised me in many ways. By the time this book ended I was biting my nails ferociously, anxious about what was going to happen next and believe me you would’ve never suspected the ending! I cried a little at the end too (I’m such a loser!) because it was just a very heartbreaking but very good ending that gave you just a super great feeling inside! Read The Everafter! You won’t regret it!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a great review! You really piqued my curiosity. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Remember...I love Comments! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails