Reading is good . Pictures, Images and Photos

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Review: The Pace by Shelena Shorts


The Pace
By Shelena Shorts
Published: August 2009
Pages: 316
Provided By: Author
Characters: 10/20
Plot: 15/20
Cover: 5/20
End: 5/20
Writing: 10/20
Overall: 45/100*
Song Cry: "Keep Me Warm" by Ida Maria and "From Yesterday" by 30 Seconds To Mars

Synopsis
Weston Wilson is not immortal and he is of this world. But, aging is not part of his existence, and eighteen-year-old Sophie Slone is determined to find out why. In doing so, she could also uncover something about her own life expectancy that she may not want to know. Suddenly, immortality will mean everything and nothing all at the same time.

Review
I didn’t hear a lot about this book before I read it so I was a bit apprehensive (but excited also) to read it. For some crazy reason, The Pace took me longer to read then I expected. I constantly needed to read things over to really comprehend what the book was saying. I’m no doctor so gator blood, hemophiliacs and blood transfusions were way over my head. This didn’t prevent me from enjoying the book though. If you love books that feature characters that are reincarnated in different time periods, I think you’ll really love The Pace.

Sophie was definitely an interesting character, but I found her a little tiny bit ordinary. She was the all around girl next door, if the girl next door was an extreme introvert! Really though she was highly identifiable and really relatable. Weston was absolutely charming. He seemed to grab your attention from the get go and really captured my sympathy. I loved his story including the way he became what he is and Sophie’s role in all of that.

The whole plot was amazing! I found it was really original and enthralled me completely. I think Shelena Shorts is an author that everyone should give a chance and I am eagerly awaiting the next novel in this series!


*As a side note, i'd just like to say that the new rating system is not perfected and i'm just trying it out for right now. I wouldn't take the "overall score" to seriously right now and instead look at the individual ratings instead!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Remember...I love Comments! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails