Reading is good . Pictures, Images and Photos

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hush, Hush

Photobucket

Hush, Hush
by Becca Fitzpatrick
Rating: Incredible!
Difficulty: Normal
Pages: 391


Synopsis

Nora Grey is responsible and smart and not inclined to be reckless. Her first mistake was falling for Patch. Patch has a past that could be called anything but harmless. The best thing he ever did was fall for Nora.

After getting paired with patch in biology, all Nora wants to do is stay away from him, but he always seems to be two steps ahead of her. She can feel his eyes on her even when he is nowhere around. She feels him nearby even when she is alone in her room. And when her attraction can be denied no longer, she learns the secret about who Patch is and what led him to her. Despite all the questions she has about his past, in the end, there may be only one question they can ask each other: How far are you willing to fall?

Review
It’s been a while since I’ve read a book that completely engrossed me like Hush, Hush has. I mean, imagine sitting in Pre- Cal just staring at your backpack waiting for some kind of pause in the lesson or break from work, just so you could get a few words in. I was completely hooked! Even when I was reading it, I was constantly thinking about it and after I finished it I still couldn’t get the damn book out of my head!! I hate to sound overly obsessed but really this book was AMAZING!

Nora is the perfect female heroine, she is classy and sophisticated and not annoying as to where she takes away from the remarkable story. The dialogue between her and her best friend Vee Sky (by the way Nora Grey and Vee Sky may be the best names ever featured in a YA novel! No joke!) are right on the money. Nora is witty and clever while Vee delivers the comedic punch to ease the suspense. Another plus is that Becca doesn’t depict Nora as some kind of skinny goody-two-shoes and Vee is actually a voluptuous and headstrong best friend instead of mousy and normally quiet. Overall the female characters in this novel were explosively dynamic and VERY intriguing!

Becca Fitzpatrick mastered the art of bad-boy seduction. Not only was Patch the perfect mystery bad-guy but he was also undeniably, dangerously sexy in the way that you didn’t really want to know what was going on behind those closed doors while inching closer and closer to the door knob at the same time. Tall, dark and brooding he couldn’t be a better antagonist/romantic interest. I really loved his whole back round story too, it really pulled me in and I was just as fascinated as Nora. Who couldn’t help falling for him? The scars on his back were a freighting touch and made him appear a lot scarier besides the whole could-be-stalking-thing. The whole time I could perfectly envision him and his creeping, unexplained ways. Bravo to Becca Fitzpatrick!

The sub-plot of this story is that of the fallen angels and the Nephilim race that came from them, an amazing concept that hit me as really cool and totally original. I had never heard much about this until I read Hush, Hush, so immediately after I wanted to know more. I might even go to the library and look up a book about it :) Hush, Hush seemed to have the right balance of suspense and romance. Patch and Nora’s relationship drove me crazy while scaring me at the same time. There were actually a bunch of things going on in the story- Patch’s stalking, a mystery person terrorizing Nora and Vee and Nora and Patch’s complicated crush situation. It all came together very well at the end, leaving little room for doubts and questions. The ending was flawless and the last line even more so.


Becca Fitzpatrick delivered a great first novel and look forward to the sequel to Hush, Hush- Crescendo. This is an absolutely, indisputable must read!

Love,

Tina!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember...I love Comments! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails