Reading is good . Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday, June 5, 2009

Brave New World

Brave New World
by Aldous Huxley
Rating: Great
Difficulty: Advanced
Pages: 259
Brave New World Pictures, Images and Photos
Synopsis
(From the back flap)
Aldous Huxley's tour de force, Brave New World is a darkley satiric vision of a "utopian" future- where humans are genetically bred and pharmaceutically anesthetized to passively serve a ruling order. A powerful work of speculative fiction that has enthralled and terrified readers for generations, it remains remarkably relevent to this day as both a warning to be heeded as we head into tomorrow and as thought-provoking, satisfying entertainment.
Review
So I promised myself that other then the YA books I usually read I will also read at least one "classic novel" every couple of weeks. It was a great oppurtunity when my friend asked me to read this for her, (she had to read it for the summer and asked me to give my opinion) knowing that besides her i would've never had the chance to get my hands on a book like this. Before she showed it to me i never even heard of this book! But now i must say im so glad i had the chance and time to get into something so mind churning and thought provoking. This book really makes you think about the future and how the goverment will one day effect even our likes and dislikes. This book is very eerie in the way it tells the story of dear Bernard Marx and his refusal to accept the way of life that his goverment has given him, ailed by his physical deformity he is all but to willing to non- conform and go agianst the rules. Lenina is also a major character in this book- blinded by the conditioning and hypnopaedia she experienced as a child she is very content with her life, until she falls in love with a savage (a human still born of a mother). All of this leads up to a main plot consisting of this savage, John, Bernard and another character Helmholtz Watson being sent away because of their non-conformist ways. This is a very riveting book and it reall gets the gears in your mind working! Read it!
Love,
Me! Christina!

1 comment:

  1. I think this is on my wish list but I never knew it was a classic. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete

Remember...I love Comments! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails